1. What is the specific purpose of this speech?
2. How does the structure of the speech impact the meaning of the speech?
a. The beginning
b. The internal flow/main points
c. The ending
3. Identify two different kinds of supporting material present in this speech.
a. Which of these supporting materials is most impactful to you?
4. Identify two different kinds of rhetorical proof present in this speech?
a. Which of these rhetorical proofs is most impactful to you?
5. According to the abstract, who was the immediate audience for this speech?
a. Is there another implied audience?
b. Are you implicated as an audience member?
6. Does this speech have relevance for this historical moment? Why or why not?
7. Imagine you are on a conference panel discussing this speech and the experience you had listening to/witnessing it in a variety of formats. Compose a presentational manuscript which communicates:
a. Your reaction to the sound
b. Your reaction to the immersive experience
c. Your reaction to the speech overall
d. How you might use this speech, or an excerpt from it, to inform
e. How you might use this speech, or an excerpt from it, to persuade
f. How you would describe the experience to a prospective student about how it relates to public speaking
Note: Your response may include both positive and constructive comments, so
please feel free to be authentic in your responses.